California Coast 500 participants receive:
✔ Surfboard inspired medal w/bottle opener
✔ Super soft event shirt
✔ Personalized commemorative bib
✔ Custom training plan for your mileage goal curated by the Chaski Running Collective.
✔ Summer long motivation with weekly challenges, digital badges, milestone emails & opportunities to win prizes.
Fundraise: We also are providing an opportunity to donate and fundraise for Steph & Ayesha Curry's Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation through Race Roster. Learn more about Eat. Learn. Play.
Join the Run Local community this Summer to hit your mileage goal and we'll support you with training plans as well as weekly challenges to motivate you from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
You can choose from two Running / Walking categories during your registration to get you to your goal.
- Solo Effort – take a journey up Highway 1 on your own. Individuals can still be on teams.
- Relay – participate with others to complete the California Coast 500. Relay participants will also show up on the individual leaderboard and can be a part of a non-Relay team.
Share Your Journey: Join our Facebook Community Group or tag @RunLocalEvents and use #CALIFORNIACOAST500 wherever you do social.
New for 2021 is a category to convert your minutes and hours to mileage and compete with others cross-training their way up the California Coast. We provide a conversion chart for a number of the most popular type of activities like cycling, gym time, surfing and more.
As you progress up the coast we'll send you milestone emails and digital badges. Plus, regardless of your summer mileage goal, if you hit it early you'll be able to keep going with the new Endless Summer feature. This is your summer, go get it!
We'll also be hosting weekly challenges all summer long with prizes available from our partners.
This year's California Coast 500 will feature new additions for the competitive type:
- First: be the first to reach San Francisco based on the Memorial Day start.The Top 3 first to 500 finishers per gender will win a Run Local prize.
- Fastest: reach SF the fastest based on # of days no matter what your start day is (not average pace per run)
- Furthest: With the new Endless Summer feature, you can keep logging your miles and competing in weekly challenges all Summer long! Who can log the most?
In partnership with PWR Lab, get your Challenge Distances onto our leaderboard with manual entries or sync up a GPS device.
PWR Lab is currently compatible with Apple Watch (NEW), Garmin, Suunto, Polar, and COROS. We recommend that Suunto users sync to Suunto App rather than Movescount.
No GPS Device Pro Tip: If you do not have a supported GPS device, but carry a phone while you run, you can download the FREE Suunto App and use the app's GPS activity recorder to sync with PWR Lab.
Learn more in the FAQs.
Trusted by athletes of all levels and the most innovative brands & organizations.
PWR Lab is a running analytics company created to help runners avoid training injuries by connecting big data with sport science. The platform helps runners of any level predict risk, prevent injury, and perform optimally.
You’re eligible to redeem a free trial on their platform – no credit card info needed, no obligation, no risk – which begins when you create your account.